The Core Values of Precious Life Learning Center
1. To Be Christ-Centered & to Love the LORD!
John 14:6: Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”
Revelations 1:8: “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the LORD, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”
2. To Be Child-Centered – Love, teach, comfort, and pray for the little ones!
Matthew 11:25: At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of Heaven & Earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise & learned, and revealed them to little children.”
Matthew 18:3,10: And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change & become like little children, you will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven…. Beware that you don’t look down on any of these little ones. For I tell you that in Heaven, their angels are always in the presence of my heavenly Father.”
Mark 9:37: “Whoever receives one of these little children in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me, receives not Me but Him who sent Me.”
3. To Have Compassion – Loving others! We believe that having a passionate love for Christ, children, and others should be the driving force of all we do.
1 Peter 3:8: Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate & humble.
1 Corinthians 13:13: And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
1 John 4:20: If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?
4. Open Communication – Positive vertical & horizontal conversations are essential to having a healthy relationship with both God & others. Therefore, we pray, or talk to God daily & we talk to others with gentleness & kindness (children, co-workers, parents/guardians).
Philippians 4:4-7: Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Proverbs 18:21: Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.
5. Positive Collaboration – Independence is important, but co-dependence (the ability to work with families, children, and colleagues) are more important & effective for getting things done. Unity & teamwork are essential in creating excellence!
John 17:23: I in them and you in me — so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me & have loved them even as you have loved me.
Colossians 3:13-14: Bear with each other & forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
6. To Build Character – Our goal is that each child reaches their God-given potential. To do this, we must join hands with families in guiding the development of their whole personality so that they will become extraordinary men & women of God. This means we all must strive to be Godly role-models & humbly admit when we miss the mark.
Proverbs 22:6: Teach a youth about the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.
Micah 6:8: He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
Corinthians 13:11-13: When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
7. To Be College Minded – From the very beginning, our educational foundation is the goal & belief that every child can learn & will attend college. We also believe that we all (staff, teachers, parents, etc.) should be life-long-learners & therefore, we should be teachable. Wisdom is first; knowledge is second.
Luke 2:40: And the child* grew and became strong; he was filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was on him. *(child = Christ)
James 1:5: If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.
Proverbs 18:15: Intelligent people are always ready to learn. Their ears are open for knowledge.
8. To Have Clarity & Transparency – We are not afraid of questions & strive to be as transparent as we can possibly be. We invite parents, children, and colleagues, to not just ask us easy questions, but difficult ones also. We will always strive to successfully answer any & all inquiries that you may have. We ask questions just the same, in a loving & respectful manner, and will go up the line when needed.
1 John 1:5: This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all.
John 3:21: But those who do what is right come to the light so others can see that they are doing what God wants.
9. To Have Cleanliness – From eating the right foods, to searching our hearts in light of God’s True Word, we care deeply about inner & outer purity.
Proverbs 4:23: Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.
Psalm 51:10: Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
1 John 3:3: And everyone who has this hope fixed on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.
Matthew 5:8: Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
10. Reach Out to the Community – Compassion is much more than feeling; it is doing. Therefore, wherever possible, we reach out hands-on to help and give to those in greatest need around us.
James 1:27: Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.”
Galatians 6:2: Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
Statement of Beliefs
The Holy Bible is the inspired Word of God and is the basis for any statement of faith.
- The highest authority is the Lord Jesus Christ & all fields of life are under his leadership.
- The Bible is inspired by the Holy Spirit & God’s will. It is the compass for our faith & life.
- Each individual is free to determine for themselves & assumes responsibility for their actions in the presence of God.
- Each individual was created in the image of God & acknowledges that He possesses unlimited amount of integrity & worth.
- Each individual enjoys the freedom from their conscience in God and the freedom to witness their faith, but always respects the rights of others.
- Salvation from sin is only through trusting & believing in Jesus Christ, and it is a priceless gift of God.
- Each can go directly to God through Jesus, and he is himself a priest and may represent others as such.
- Missions are the effort towards the whole world to expand the redemptive work of God through evangelism, education, and Christian service.
- Christian education must be through faith & rationale, and must be practical & superior in academic quality.